How to Register for a New Profile Site
- Submit a short request form here. IT staff will activate your page within 48 business hours.
How to View Your Profile Site as a User
- Open a web browser and enter http://profiles.santarosa.edu/. After the forward slash, enter your first name and last name, separated by a hyphen (dash), all lower case. Or you can just find your name in the directory and click on it.
- Your web page should appear in your browser window.
- Personal and contact information is found on the left side of the page.
- To the right, notice the default “tabbed” appearance for other content. The first time you visit your site (click the tabs to display content), all information displayed is that which was copied from CATE to your Drupal site.
How to Login to Edit Your Profile Site
- You will not be able to edit your site until you have registered as described above, and I.T. has approved you as a content administrator, which will take up to 24 hours after you register.
- Once those steps are complete, open a web browser and enter http://profiles.santarosa.edu/user.
- Enter your Outlook username and password to log in. Please note: your user name is NOT your email address in this case. If your email address is email@example.com, your user name is jdoe.
How to Change/Edit Your Profile Site Content Within Drupal
- Once you log in, you will be taken to your personal landing page. This page will list your name, with two buttons underneath to View or Edit. These buttons relate to information about you as a user and WILL NOT get you to a place where you can edit your site.
- To edit your page, navigate to it by either:
- clicking the "My Profile" link at the to right of the page or,
- entering the URL in the browser address bar, or
- go to http://profiles.santarosa.edu/, navigate to your page from the index of all staff on that page, and then click on the Edit button.
- After any changes or edits, always be sure to click Save at the bottom of the page.
How to Add a Profile Picture
- In the box entitled "PHOTO", click on the link for "media add page" under "Create new media"
- In the new tab that pops up, navigate to upload a picture from your computer:
- Give the picture your name as a title
- Put your name in to the Alt Text field
- Save the page, then go back to the tab with the original page where you were editing.
- In the field under "Use existing media", start typing in the TITLE you gave the picture. It should auto-complete the field for you.
- If the picture is correct, save the page.
- If it's incorrect, in the other tab where you uploaded the picture, you can and copy the exact title you gave the picture.
How to Logout of Your Profile Site
Open a web browser and enter https://profiles.santarosa.edu/user/logout. Or click on the "logout" link on the upper right side of the page.