- How to log in to your Drupal site
- Go to the site in question, and add "/user" to the URL. It should look like this: https://yoursitename.santarosa.edu/user
- Enter in your JC credentials
- Your user name is not your email address. It looks like jdoe rather than email@example.com.
- Your password is the same one you use for Outlook, the IDP, Canvas, etc.
- If you are not able to log in, and you are sure that your credentials are correct, it is likely that you have not been added as a user to the site. Make sure you have permission to be a site user by contacting the site admin, and then they, or you, can request that the the Web Team add you as a user.
- How to add a basic page in Drupal
- Log into your site
- In the upper left administrative strip, click on "Content" and choose "Add content", then choose "Basic page".
- Give your page a meaningful title - but not too long.
- In the "Body" section, add your content. Play with the different icons in the toolbar to see what they do.
- If you want your page to appear in the navigation for the site, go to "Menu settings" in the right sidebar and check "Provide a menu link"
- If you want to keep working on your page, you can keep it in draft form by unchecking "Publish" at the bottom left of the page. Only people who are logged in will be able to see that page, and it will appear with a pink background rimmed by a dotted border.
- When you are ready to publish your page, click "Publish".
- I am completely new to this - how do I get started?
- I consider myself an intermediate Drupal user. What tools are available to me?
The "Kitchen Sink" in your site (under the "content" tab) has the code for lots of cool features and web components.
There are many great training videos on this page
- How do I put a form on my site?
- If you are creating a basic form and not requesting sensitive information (like SIDs or SSNs) or requiring that documents be uploaded, you can user the Drupal Forms in your site ("webforms" under the "Structure" tab). If you are new to webforms, the Web Team can help you get started.
- If you will be collecting sensitive information (like Student ID's) or collecting uploaded documents, request a Formstack account.
- How can I make my site look better?
Contact the Web Team - we are here to help