SRJC Password Portal is a Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR) application which allows SRJC District Employees to reset their SRJC account without having to call the IT Help Desk. SSPR uses alternative methods for authentication, such as a phone number, alternate e-mail address, and/or security questions.
The SSPR portal should be used if you are experiencing any of the following SRJC account issues:
- Forgotten password
- Password has expired
- Account is locked due to too many incorrect attempts
Before you can take advantage of the features of SSPR, you will need to self-enroll. See the Password Self-Service Enrollment Guide below for a step-by-step walkthrough.
Already enrolled? Visit the SRJC Password Portal to manage your account.
Password Self-Service Enrollment Guide
Before you begin
Before you go through the enrollment process, it is helpful to identify the following items:
For Off-Campus Password Resets
If you are resetting your password in SSPR from off-campus, you will need to log into our VPN (Virtual Private Network), so your new password can synchronize between our network and your computer. You only need to log into the VPN for a few minutes for the sync to occur. See pages 26-28 of the full SSPR guide link at the bottom of the page
- Open the web browser on your device and go to the password reset registration page (https://idp.santarosa.edu).
- Log in with your SRJC Username and Password.
- Provide your personal, non-SRJC email address.
- An email, from 'firstname.lastname@example.org', will be sent to your personal email.
- Copy and paste the OTP (One Time Passcode) into the “One Time Passcode” field
- Click the Login.
- If you wish to utilize a Mobile Authenticator App, proceed with the instructions below.
- If you do not want to use a Mobile Authenticator App, click Skip.
Register a Mobile Authenticator App (Optional)
As an additional option, you can setup a mobile authenticator as an alternate method. The links to the supported mobile authenticator apps are list in the Before Your Begin section above.
After you have one of the two mobile authenticator apps installed, please proceed with the following steps.
- Select the phone type you will be using.
- Using the mobile authenticator app on your phone, scan the QR code.
- Enter the OTP (One Time Passcode) that is displayed on your phone.
Looking for a downloadable version of this guide? Download the Self-Service Password Reset User Guide.