This guide will assist you with installing the VMWare Horizon Client on a Mac OS computer. Please make sure that you are connected to the Internet, as you will be required to download the client.
Note: Installing the VMWare Horizon Client does require administrative rights. If you do not have these permissions, please contact the system administrator of the device.
- Go to horizon.santarosa.edu, and click on Install VMWare Horizon Client
- Locate the VMWare Horizon Client for Mac and select Go to Downloads.
- Select Downloads.
- Locate the downloaded .dmg file; double-click to begin the installation.
- Move the VMWare Horizon Client to the folder.
- If prompted, select Open. The VMWare Horizon Client should not be available on your machine
- Once your machine is rebooted, double-click the VMWare Horizon Client shortcut. (If you do not see a shortcut, you will find the application listed in your Programs.)
- Select Add Server and enter the server address horizon.santarosa.edu. Click Connect.
- Log in using your SRJC Login and Password, then click Login.
- Once your connection is established, you will be able to use and access available software.