You can move files from your computer into the Horizon environment. The VMWare Horizon client provides you with the full capability of moving files between your computer, the Horizon environment, and your X: drive. Whereas, the HTML version only allows you to move files from your computer into the Horizon environment.
Using the VMWare Horizon Client:
- Within the Horizon client, select the Settings icon.
- Click Sharing.
- Select Add and choose which folder/drive you wish to have mapped.
- Note: You can choose to map multiple folders/drives.
- Click Ok.
- Double-click the Home Directory.
- Expand This PC and select the mapped folder/drive.
- Click-n-drag the file from the folder to the X: drive or Horizon Documents folder (or vice versa).
Using the HTML version:
- Click on Home Directory.
- Click on the Side Bar Tab.
- In the top right-corner of the side bar, select the Open File Transfer Panel icon
- Select Choose Files.
- Select the files you wish to upload to Horizon and click Open.
- In the Home Directory window, click This PC; then Documents
- Your uploaded files will be located in the right-side panel.
Note: You can move files from the Horizon Documents folder to your X: drive by drag-n-dropping them.