The IT Department, in partnership with Distance Education and Media Services, has begun providing unified services and support through a new Self-Service Hub.
This new Self-Service Hub will be replacing the current ticketing system, ServiceDesk Plus, which will be completely phased out over the next year, with additional service departments switching over to the Self-Service Hub in later phases.
NOTE: Facilities, Public Relations, and the Office of Institutional Research will continue to provide services through ServiceDesk Plus until further notice.
What is the Self-Service Hub?
The Self-Service Hub will be your one-stop shop for incident reports, services, and helpful information. This new self-service hub is hosted by TOPdesk, a leader in the Enterprise Service Management industry.
Features of this new Self-Service Hub include:
- Easy to use interface – designed by SRJC employees, for SRJC faculty and staff.
- Robust searchability – intelligent search functionality to help find what you are looking for.
- Service Catalog – detailed information and forms to help you find the right services for your needs.
- Knowledge base – empowering SRJC faculty and staff with answers to frequently asked questions.
Introducing the new Self-Service Hub’s “What are you looking for?” Search Bar…
The Self-Service Hub features a robust search engine to help you find what you are looking for quickly and easily.
- Having trouble with your laptop? Type ‘laptop’ and you’ll be presented with related knowledge items, services, and forms.
- Can’t connect to the wireless? Type ‘wireless’ and see what happens!
We recommend trying the “What are you looking for?” search bar before reaching out to your support team.
But what about my tickets in ServiceDesk Plus?
As mentioned earlier, Facilities, Public Relations and Office of Institutional Research will continue to receive requests through the old ticketing system, ServiceDesk Plus. We will begin the process of migrating their services to the Self-Service Hub later this year. For your convenience, we have created links within the Service Catalog to the forms for these departments.
Tickets that are assigned to Information Technology, Media Services and Distance Education will continue to be handled in ServiceDesk Plus until August 2, 2021. Be on the lookout for communication from your technicians regarding any currently open tickets. If your ticket still requires attention the technician will transfer your ticket over to the Self-Service Hub on your behalf.