Who is impacted?
All users of the following software: Windows 7, All Adobe Software, Citrix
What is happening?
Three significant changes are occurring this Fall the aforementioned District-wide software applications.
- Support for Microsoft Windows 7 will end in January. All new District PCs now come with Windows 10. The IT Help Desk will be upgrading Windows 7 computers to Windows 10.
- The Adobe licensing model has changed, forcing the District to change the way we deploy Adobe products. We have completed some of the necessary changes, but more are coming.
- The District is currently migrating from Citrix XenApp to VMWare Horizon for its virtualized desktop environment. Both are currently available, but we no longer have a support contract for Citrix.
What can you do?
- If you would like to schedule an update for your computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10; please submit a request using this form.
- If you encounter any issues with Adobe products during these licensing changes, please contact the IT Help Desk.
- You can now begin using VMWare Horizon by visiting https://horizon.santarosa.edu. Most users only need the web version of this software. When logging in, please use your full email address and password.