Recent changes to Adobe's licensing structure has created an unfortunate situation where many users are no longer able to open PDF files using the Adobe Acrobat software. SRJC IT has recently pushed out an updated installation of Adobe Acrobat DC to all Windows computers.
Adobe Acrobat DC is requesting my login information
If you are receiving this pop-up when you launch Adobe Acrobat DC, go ahead and enter your SRJC email address. Then follow the steps below to complete the licensing process.
- Select 'Company or School Account'
- In the SRJC Portal Login, provide your SRJC Username and Password
- Click Login
- If you receive a 'Limit Reached' prompt, ensure that 'Sign me out of the other computers so I can sign in here' is selected and click 'Continue'
If your computer did not receive the updated Adobe Acrobat DC, please review the options below:
Note: If have an immediate need to view a PDF file, you can use a web browser to do so.
- Right-click the file.
- Hover over 'Open with' and select a browser.
Using Outlook? Try dragging the pdf file into a browser or saving the pdf elsewhere before trying the above steps.
Using an Apple device? Please submit a ticket and let us know in the description that you are using an Apple.
Adobe Acrobat DC is requesting a new serial number
You are most likely receiving this screen because you are running a version of Adobe Acrobat DC that is using the older method of licensing. Unfortunately, the best way to proceed here is to uninstall and reinstall Adobe Acrobat DC.
Please submit a ticket and mention in the description that you are receiving the Serial prompt.
If you have already have an open ticket, please append a note to your ticket letting our technicians know that you are experiencing this version of the Adobe issue.
Adobe Acrobat DC is not installed on my computer
If you are running a different version of Adobe Acrobat (Acrobat IX, X, XI), we would like you to install Adobe Acrobat DC. Please note that installation time varies, but you can continue to work while the installation is occuring.
Follow these steps:
- From the Start Menu, enter 'Software Center'
- Launch Software Center
- Select 'Adobe DC Shared 2019 64 - Install
- Click 'Install'
Please contact the IT Help Desk, if you encounter one of the following:
- Unable to find Software Center in your start menu.
- 'Adobe DC Shared 2019 64 - Install' is not displayed
- The installation process failed