Note: There will be no classroom training for Faculty/Staff
Profile sites, so you do not need to sign up for training.
training resources / self-help
How to Register for a Profile Site (for both existing and new faculty/staff)
- Open a web browser (Chrome or Firefox work best) and enter http://profiles.santarosa.edu/user.
- Enter your Outlook username and password to become an Authenticated User.
- That is all for now. I.T. will verify your credentials and change your role to Content Administrator for your site within 24 hours. Once your role has changed, you may return to the above link, login, and be able to edit your site content.
How to View Your Profile Site as a User
- Open a web browser and enter http://profiles.santarosa.edu/. After the forward slash, enter your first name and last name, separated by a hyphen (dash), all lower case.
- Your web page should appear in your browser window.
- Personal and contact information is found on the left side of the page.
- To the right, notice the default “tabbed” appearance for other content. The first time you visit your site (click the tabs to display content), all information displayed is that which was copied from CATE to your Drupal site.
How to Login to Edit Your Profile Site
- You will not be able to edit your site until you have registered as described above, and I.T. has approved you as a content administrator, which will take up to 24 hours after you register.
- Once those steps are complete, open a web browser and enter http://profiles.santarosa.edu/user.
- Enter your Outlook username and password to log in.
How to Change/Edit Your Profile Site Content Within Drupal
- Once you log in, you will be taken to your personal landing page. This page will list your name, with two buttons underneath to View or Edit. These buttons relate to information about you as a user and will not get you to a place where you can edit your site.
- To edit your page, navigate to it by either entering the URL in the browser address bar, or go to http://profiles.santarosa.edu/, navigate to your page from the index of all staff on that page, and then click on the Edit button.
- After any changes or edits, always be sure to click Save at the bottom of the page.
How to Logout of Your Profile Site
Open a web browser and enter http://profiles.santarosa.edu/user/logout.
For more detailed instructions on page layout and editing options and how to use the Drupal content editor, please download the Drupal Faculty/Staff Pages Manual, linked from the top of this page.