Whether you need a loaner laptop for a meeting or the installation disc to install Microsoft Office at home, IT has you covered. Learn more about each kind of checkout by clicking on the tabs below.
SRJC employees can borrow PC laptops, Apple laptops, and Apple iPad's for a period of up to two weeks to use for SRJC business.
- Equipment can be loaned for up to two weeks.
- Any personal data and applications installed by the user will be removed from the equipment when it is returned to IT.
- When selecting the dates for your reservation, give enough time to test the equipment in the environment where it will be used during a period in which the Help Desk is available so you can obtain assistance, if needed. The Help Desk is available Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, closed on weekends, and closed on all SRJC Holidays.
- Equipment check out, return, and support are not available during times that the Help Desk is closed.
- Frequent or repeat borrowing by the same individual may be questioned to ensure adequate availability of equipment for all employees.
- I accept responsibility for SRJC loaner equipment while it is checked out to me from Santa Rosa Junior College.
- I agree to return the device at the end of the loan period.
- I will be held responsible for all costs associated with damage to the equipment or its associated peripheral equipment.
- I agree to pay the replacement cost of the equipment should it be stolen, lost, not returned or damaged beyond repair in any way. The replacement costs are as follows: Laptops: $2,000, iPads: $750.
- The replacement cost for damage to peripherals will be the cost of the peripheral, plus associated service fees.
- Dell Latitude laptops running Windows 7
- Apple Macintosh MacBook Pro laptops running OS X 10.9
- Apple iPad
- Microsoft Office 2013 / 2011
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Citrix Receiver
SRJC employees can borrow Microsoft Office and Microsoft OS software for home computer installation. The IT Department has contracted with Microsoft to lend select programs to permanent and adjunct faculty and permanent classified staff for free home use. Unfortunately, this offer does not extend to STNC employees, student employees, or students. Our Adobe licensing does not permit us to loan the Adobe CS Suite of applications.
For software installations for your on-campus office computer, contact the Help Desk at (707) 524-1765.
Guidelines and Provisions for Lending Software
Home installs fall under the "solo practitioner" category; IT does not offer support for home installation or subsequent use. (Please back up your data before installing new software, just to be safe.) Only one install is allowed per user, and please DO NOT REGISTER the software. Borrowed disks need to be returned to IT after installation. Borrowers should uninstall the borrowed software upon the earlier of (a) any event which causes them to lose permanent SRJC employee status, or (b) expiration of the Campus Microsoft Agreement Subscription. Software lending is coordinated through the IT Help Desk. There may be a waiting list.
The following software is available to borrow, free of charge, under the terms outlined above:
- Microsoft Office Suites (includes: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher) for Windows and Mac - versions 2010, 2011, and 2013
- Microsoft Windows operating systems - Windows 7
Software NOT Available for Checkout
Our Adobe licensing does not permit us to loan the Adobe CS Suite of applications
IT no longer checks out anti-virus software, however, you can see a list of available anti-virus software for Windows here for home installation. IT does not support the software listed on that page, nor can you obtain the software listed from the IT department. Anti-virus software is already installed on district owned and maintained computers.
IT offers some computer accessories for checkout if you forget one at home or just need one for the day for a quick meeting. Some of the things we offer:
- Dell power adapters
- Mac power adapters
- iOS power adapters
- USB external DVD drive
Where to Find IT for Checkouts
The Help Desk is in room 1434 Bussman Hall on the Santa Rosa Campus; enter the double doors from the east and then use the entrance to the left.